Apr 25, 2008

Award and Cabbage Kofta Gravy

Wow! “Yummy Blog” award for my blog!!!!! My dear friend, Roopa has sent me this beautiful award. This came as a real but very pleasant surprise to me. I am truly overwhelmed on getting another award!Thank you so much Roopa.You made me feel so special.




"Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos”



As per the rules I should also quote my favorite yummy-licious dessert(s) that I have ever prepared/eaten.Here we go with my favorite yummy-licious dessert(s):

Bhadusha-My all time favorite
Cheesecake
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts(Original Glazed)

I would actually like to pass this on to every single blogger who regularly visit my blog and patiently comment on almost every post of mine. But I was restricted to choose only four blogs.OMG it’s so hard for me to pick and pass the award to few yummy blogs when you have lot here.

I am choosing a four here and I let them to give this award to our remaining friends.

Cham of Spice-club
Uma of Essence Of Andhra
Pooja of My Creative Ideas
Kalai of Samaithu Parakalam



Congrats girls on your well deserved awards :-)

Rules for the ‘Yummy Blog’ award Reciver:

· The person who receives the award should display the "Yummy Blog !" logo on their blog and also the meaning of the award which is "Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos".

· The receiver should also quote their favorite yummy-licious :) dessert(s) that they have ever prepared/eaten. Don’t restrict yourself to any dessert, chocolate bars also welcome.

· Also the receiver should pass on the award to four other bloggers whose blog they find "yummy" and let them know about the rules.



Cabbage Kofta Gravy:



INGREDIENTS:

(For Koftas)

Finely chopped cabbage - 3/4cup
Boiled channa dal - 1/4cup
Chopped green chili - 2
Cumin seeds - 1tsp
Besan flour - 2tsp
Salt

(For Gravy)

Finely chopped onion - 1
Ginger,garlic paste - 1tsp
Turmeric powder - 1tsp
Chili,cumin,corrainder powder - 1tsp(each)
Yogurt - 1/2cup
Cashew nuts - 5Corriander leaves(for garnishing)

METHOD:

Boil the cabbage till it became soft.Add boiled channa dal and just cook for 5 mins.Remove from the flame and drain water in a muslin cloth.After drained add cumin seeds,chili,salt,besan flour and mix well.Form a wet dough and make small balls.Heat oil in the pan,fry the koftas and drain them.

For gravy heat little bit of oil in the pan add cumin seeds,onions and fry till onions turn into brown.Now add turmeric powder and ginger,garlic paste and mix well.Pour some drained water form cabbage,channa dal mix.Now add all the masala and cook for 5 more mins.Let it cook till the oil comes out , add curd and cook for 2-5 mins.

Fry the cashew in a separate pan and grind into a fine powder.Now add this powder to the gravy for thickening it.Once it starts thick add the fried koftas and garnish with corriander.Serve hot with rice/roti...Enjoy.

48 comments:

Cham said...

No word Dear! I am flattered once again by U :) I was thinking of u on Div blog, and here u r ! Congrats on this well deserved award! Yum Cheese cake!

Cham said...

Yum cabbage koftas never thought to make it Dhiv....

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Lovely kofta divya and amazing pictures......:) the cabbage kofta looks so good... too good .... will surely try it...

u rock dear

Uma said...

congrats on the well deserved award, Dhivya! You really cook very yummy dishes with lovely pictures. I am a great fan of your blog. See, once again you're here with one more delicious dish and gorgeous pic. Love your kofta curry.

ThanQ so much for thinking of me! I am really flattered.

kamala said...

Congrats on ur award Dhivya.U deserve it.Koftas are looking delicious

kamala said...

Visited divya's blog and again returned to urs to wish u Dhivya.
Happy Birthday Dhivya

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award dhivya. And heard about lots of kofta but cabbage kofta is something new to me. Interesting recipe. Bookmarked it. Pics are awesome and very yummy.

Pragyan said...

Amazing new recipe using cabbage...can't believe I am craving for cabbage!! :)

Deeba PAB said...

Congrats on the YUMMY award Dhivya; well deserved!! This curry looks finger licking good! Lovely colours too!! YUMMY!!

Divya said...

CONGRATS for the award dhivya ...yummy recipe never tried cabbage kofta ...will surely try and let u know ..thanks for sharing

Meera said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award. Cabbage kofta curry looks delicious.

Nanditha Prabhu said...

congrats! on the award....
your kofta looks great....i have bookmarked it already!

Bhawana said...

First of all congrats for the award. Second, I was about to post this cabbage cofta in my blog :). Now will do later..

Madhavi said...

Congratulations Dhivya, u deserve it dear:)))

Kofta looks great and wonderful recipe as well!!!

jayasree said...

Dhivya,Congrats on the well deserved award.
Kofta looks so tempting. I too make cabbage koftas but in a different way. Shall try ur method too.

EC said...

Congrats on the award...the cabbage kofta looks delicious

Arundathi said...

lovely photos... and Congratulations! :)

Siri said...

Congratulations of the yum award Dhivya. and the kofta curry looks delicious!

Siri

Rupa said...

Congrats...Your Koftas are so tempting...Happy Birthday...Have a wonderful day

Medhaa said...

Congratulations Dhivya

Srivalli said...

congrats!...the curry looks yummy

ranji said...

hi dhivya!!!cabage kofta looks absolutely yummy..i love the color.....and congrats on ur well deserved award.:)..u rock girl!!!

Annu said...

Congrats dear......gravey looks so colourful.

Unknown said...

Hey Dhiv! congrats on ur award..u truly deserve this award.It must be a gift for ur birthday!Happy Birthday to sweet Dhiv!

Uma said...

Hi Dhivya,

I've tagged you for a meme. Check out my blog for details. Please do it only if you're interested.

zlamushka said...

Dhivya, congratulation, yummy blogger :-) I absolutely adore your cabbage curry. I am bookmarking it :-)

Unknown said...

You have been tagged by me Dhiv!Check out my blog..Participate only if u like

Dori said...

Yum, I am bookmarking this as I love cabbage and kofta's...how perfect! congrats on the award!

Unknown said...

Hey dhivs:) Congrats again ! You deserved it! yummy cabbage kofta:)

Unknown said...

hey was it ur bday that I send the award?? Wow I feel good I did on a very special day of urs:) Happy Birthday Dhivs (though its belated)!!
You rock!

ranji said...

i have tagged u for meme plz chk my blog.

Andhra Flavors said...

Hey Divya Congrates!!!!!!!!
Excellent idea with cabbage.

Suganya said...

WOW!.... This Kofta looks YUM!.... Nice recipe.... Love them with chapatis....

AnuZi said...

I love Koftas of any kind. The creamy gravy is the best with hot parathas. I should stop reading your blog during work....I end up hungry and no food in sight :o(

Vidhya said...

Congratulations on your award! This really is a yummiest blog

Cynthia said...

Congratulations on the award. The Cabbage Kofta Gravy is testimony of how yummy your blog is!

Anonymous said...

hey congrats on the award.You totally deserve it! The koftas look delicious!

Swati said...

Congrats on your award and love the cabbage kofta curry!!

Kalai said...

Congratulations on the well deserved award, Dhivya! Thanks so much for passing on to me. Will definitely try to find 4 awesome people to pass it on to! :)

Prema Sundar said...

congrats on the award and u surely deserve it .
cabbage kofta looks lovely ... its really tempting and i have bookmarked this.
thanks for sharing.

kamala said...

Congrats dhivya on getting the creative award.U deserrve it

Madhavi said...

Where r u my friend ? waiting for your next post.

Unknown said...

Dhiv..congrats on ur award for VOTW-bittergourd..u rock always!

Pooja said...

Congrates and thank you Dhivya :) .
Check out on my blog who won award for most creative recipe with bitter gourd ?
:).

ranji said...

congrats on winning the VoW bittergourd award dhivya!!truly desrving one...:)

Rosie said...

congrats on the well deserved award dear Dhivya! kofta curry looks delish :D

Rosie x

Vidhya said...

wow, this curry looks so yummy. thanks for sharing the recipe. If time permits visit my recipes blog too.

http://iyercooks.blogspot.com

Subhie Arun said...

lovely kofta divya and nice pictures....the cabbage kofta looks so good.. .... will surely try it.